Friday, August 24, 2007

Advertising a Web Site – Driving Traffic to Your Web Site

Advertising a web site is one of the first things many people think about when they get online for the first time. Driving traffic to your web site is also big on people’s minds when they first get started in internet marketing. So what is the difference?

Advertising a web site differs from driving traffic in that advertising a web site generally assumes that you are paying someone else to create an advertisement a ‘blurb’, if you will for your web site.

Advertising a web site is very similar to driving traffic to your web site if you are thinking along the lines of getting hits or page views to your web site.

So how do you go about advertising your web site? For this answer, I am going to assume that the reason you are advertising your web site is that you want quality hits and page views, and whether it is technically advertising or driving traffic, the thing that is most important to you is whether or not you get the traffic and you make money off that traffic.


BlueFish Web Hosting


So how do I do it, how do I advertise a web site?

I use primarily 3 techniques to advertise my web site.

1) I use article writing and submission to drive traffic to my web site.

2) I use ezine advertising to drive traffic to my web site.

3) I use Google Adwords and Yahoo Overture to drive advertising traffic to my web site.

4) (Bonus) I sometimes use other people’s traffic to drive traffic to my web site.

Web Designing & Hosting Service Providers__Uk2.net

Web Hosting Sevice Providers

=======================================================================================